INDUSTRIAL ACTION - UPDATE

ARC Models kit takes shape


As mentioned in late July, I've received a kit from ARC Models of an Andrew Barclay 14in 0-4-0ST, designed to fit atop the Dapol/Hornby L&Y 'Pug' chassis. Assembly got underway in earnest yesterday, with the majority of the work completed this morning. The resin parts fit together well and the use of cyano glue has allowed for rapid progress.

There's some extra filling and fettling required before the extra detailing parts are installed, such as handrails, clack valves and lamp brackets. These aren't supplied with the kit, so I've been rooting through my scrap and spares boxes for suitable fittings. Luckily, it looks like I have everything I need in stock, including an attractive set of Markits clack valves that should really be adorning a Southern Railway loco!

Look out for a full demo and appraisal in Model Rail issue 200, on sale at the end of August.



Comments

  1. This looks a promising start-off point for a top class model, with a little effort. I look forward to your in-depth report in the mag. I was lucky enough to know a couple of these "puggies" very well on the Waterside system...of course, both have now been saved for preservation thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iain, yes it's a great little kit - ideal for the beginner too, which is always a good thing. If you're prepared to put in a few hours of filling and sanding, it really comes up trumps. It's looking even better now I've started adding some extra bits and pieces...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts