VIADUCT FINISHED

The beginnings of a Peak District-themed layout?


Firstly, apologies to regular readers of this blog for the lack of new content over recent months. The day job has been taking up too much of my time of late, but hopefully everything's settling down again. I've plenty of practical modelling work to share from the last few weeks, but first, here are some images of the finished 'OO' gauge viaduct that I built for Model Rail magazine in December, which featured in my last blog post

The Wills plastic kit was great fun to build and modify. Indeed, I've a few more kits stashed away in the workshop as I plan to build a second, parallel structure for a layout idea that's brewing away. I fancy something based in the Derbyshire Peak District, with trains of limestone being hauled through the dramatic scenery. This second viaduct needs to be sited on a gentle curve, so I'll have to persuade the Wills plastic components to follow the desired profile, which should prove interesting.

But that will have to wait, as I have a few other projects to work on in the meantime...


Comments

  1. Nice! All you need now is some dank slimy water runs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds a bit Chinley Viaduct. Welcome to the Peak Line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts