RAILBUS POPULATED


My long-running project to build a motorised version of the Dapol Park Royal railbus kit has seen some progress this evening. With the scratchbuilt interior complete and populated, I've now fixed the roof in place and filled any tiny gaps. Once this has dried, I'll be tidying up the bodywork before masking up the windows prior to painting.

I don't normally work this way, preferring to paint bodies before adding glazing, but this kit has left me with little choice. I could probably have come up with some way of making the roof removable but the parts are not very well-fitting (if that's a usable term) and I want the model to look good first and foremost. And I don't have much time in which to finish it.

The bus has had a quick test run on my layout and it crawls along sweetly, under the power of the belt-driven Bull-Ant motor and chassis. Indeed, I can't wait to get the painting out of the way and get the little chugger into action.


Comments

  1. Hi George, I wondered how you were getting on with this Railbus. Are the passengers Preiser HO figures? I'm sure I've seen a Railbus in NCB use on Flickr...Lovely work I'm looking forward to seeing the paint job...

    Jaymes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaymes,
    It's a real mix of figures: Preiser, Aidan Campbell, P&D Marsh and Dart Castings. I like to mix them up so that they're all different shapes and sizes - the Preiser HO figures are a bit too uniform for my tastes.
    Cheers,
    George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,
    Have I missed a blog entry (or mag article) about the building of the interior?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Del,
      No you haven't missed an entry or mag article - I'm working on this railbus for a forthcoming book project, due out sometime next year. More info will follow here in due course.
      Cheers,
      George.

      Delete
  4. Hi George, is that a modified Branchlines interior kit or is it scratch-built? Very much looking forward to your next book after reading 'Airbrushing for Railway Modellers', very informative and practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan,
      The interior is scratchbuilt, using some bits from DC Kits and Comet Models. Glad you liked the airbrushing book!
      Cheers,
      George.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts