OO GAUGE TTA



As a way of limbering up before filming the next Model Rail DVD next week, I've been practicing my airbrushed weathering techniques on a TTA tank wagon, which is ultimately destined for use on my modern MPD layout. As posted here last October, I'd enhanced a Bachmann model with an S Kits set of etched brass details, including new ladders, walkways and grab handles. Now that the wagon has finally been 'mucked up', it really looks the part.

The detailed and repainted Bachmann TTA. The glossy sheen was a base for the decals (from Fox Transfers).

A dead matt finish and many layers of browns and black, plus a little translucent 'red diesel' combine to give a realistic finish.

I'm assembling a small fleet of these detailed and repainted TTAs for my diesel shed layout. One down, two to go...

Comments

Popular Posts