CLASS 66s AT PEAK FOREST


With a handful of Class 66 detailing and repainting projects in hand, I felt the need to go in search for a little inspiration this morning and, what with the weather having been fine for the last day or two, I set off with my camera to nearby Peak Forest, expecting to see a 'Shed' or two. And that's exactly what I did see: 66140 shunting Dove Holes Quarry and 66077 working a stone load from Tunstead.

As the images show, my luck ran out with the sunshine, although I've become used to that since moving to the Peak District. It started raining soon after I'd bagged these shots and set off for home. It was worth the trip, though, as I got lots of detail images of the 66s from the overbridge, not least as 66140 in particular stopped right underneath a few times, allowing some ultra-close views of the cooler group mesh and the exhaust silencer.

If you look closely, you'll also see a small St George's flag on the front of '140, the DB staff obviously getting into the World Cup mood. How about a recreation of that in 4mm scale?



The flag was only applied at this end only. Note the hi-viz hard hat and newspapers strewn atop the control desk; typical features of a working 66.

Comments

Popular Posts